Field Service Technician
The position requires travel to sites where contractors have installed Central Inverter Systems that require a factory representative to conduct the initial commissioning of the system. The role interfaces with Engineering, Customer Service, and Operations personnel as well as various levels of Supervision and Management. Travel can require overnight stays and can constitute as much as 75% of the required time. Emergency and short notice travel requirements also occur.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule dates with installing contractor to meet customer needs for start-up, service and training activity.
- Complete pre-defined requirements for measurement of voltages, conduct visual and mechanical inspections for compliance with product specifications.
- Troubleshoot issues including cable connections, AC and DC circuits, printed circuit boards, and other similar functions and features of a Central Inverter System.
- Diagnose performance shortfalls, determine root cause, and implement corrective while onsite should problems manifest themselves.
- Provide feedback to Design and Electrical Engineering in regards to observations and findings
- discovered during commissioning activities and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Remote technical support regarding the installation, operation and troubleshooting of the Central Inverter Systems
- Generate and file any documentation related to job duties and responsibilities. (Call Logs, Service Reports, Startup Data, RMAs)
- Prepare replacement parts for shipment and process returned defective parts
- Support the Inverter Testing Department
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Talents & Qualifications
- Ability to work with single phase and three phase units up to 480 VAC.
- Working knowledge of common wiring practices.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Proficiency with various hand-held measurement devices for AC/DC voltage and current.
- General knowledge of electronics and ability to replace defective PCB assemblies if necessary.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly use of Excel and Word.
- The ability to lift and move large batteries (up to 70 lbs.) unassisted.
Education & Experience
Two year certificate in Electrical Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear
- Regularly required to use hands to fingers and occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, or kneel.
- Duties require use of computer software and equipment that may require sitting for long periods of time and repetitive hand movements.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move object up to 70 lbs (assisted).
- Ability to work in a standing position for up to 9 hours a day.
- Ability of occasional use of pallet jack for movement of products.
- Frequent travel via planes, cars and other modes of transportation is required.