Day to day operational leadership while driving a culture of engagement and continuous improvement. A true leader willing to be hands on, provide mentoring and strategic vision in an environment of inclusiveness. Areas of oversight: Engineering, product design, production, logistics, distribution, and supply chain activities.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage daily operations to optimize facilities, equipment, people and time to meet customer demand and performance metrics (safety, quality, delivery, financial and culture). Provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Create transparency and full circle communication flow from production floor to executive team.
- Be a Servant Leader who demonstrates core values and cross functional collaboration.
- Support our journey of embedding Continuous Improvement practices into everyday work
- Work with management to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, and design and execute a plan of action.
- Develop and implement performance improvement and growth strategies for the operation.
- Be held accountable on key metrics covering all aspects of quality, output, efficiencies and improvements.
- Meet with customers and potential customers to increase business, while maintaining an excellent day-to-day working relationship and instilling total customer and employee confidence.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of employees and programs, identifying and implementing process improvements to maximize output and minimize costs
- Uphold company policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with management to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
Required Talents & Qualifications
- Must possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading a manufacturing operations team utilizing continuous improvement and lean techniques
- Proven success transforming designing/manufacturing/engineering operations from good to great
- A servant leader who creates energy, lives with integrity, creates vision, empowers people to achieve goals, and supports them in delivering results.
- A strong foundation of continuous improvement and lean putting an emphasis on people first
- Hands-on management style, maintaining a direct connection with all stakeholders
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Thorough understanding of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Thorough understanding of applied math and physics.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Manufacturing, lighting, invertor experience
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
- Able to bend, squat, twist, climb stairs and lift frequently
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear with occasional bending, stooping, crouching and kneeling.
- Regularly required to use hands to fingers.
- Duties require use of computer software and equipment that involve regularly sitting for extended periods of time and repetitive hand movements.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 lbs.