Mechanical Engineer (Designer)
As a Design Engineer you will be encouraged to create new products and handle maintain sustaining product challenges. Design creation requires proficient skills in Solidworks a 3D CAD-application. In addition to designing products this position has the need to provide complete fabrication and assembly documentations along with interactions with our internal and external manufacturing partners. While managing schedule and goals that includes working closely with Manufacturing and Marketing.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- To create cost effective and profitable Electromechanical Product Designs, which includes detail fabrication, assembly drawings and tolerance studies. Designs responsibilities include the development die cast, plastic injection molded and sheet metal components. From concept to final products. As a key member of development team who can successfully contribute and manage all associated processes and tasks.
- Prepare sketches and renderings to assist in the design evaluation process.
- Provide technical analysis of design parameter affecting manufacturability and product reliability.
- To facilitate activities related to our Enterprise Configuration Management system. Data entry of, BOMS, component specifications entries, Product Configurations, working with our Documentation Vault, Processing ECNs; and apply automated processes and databases.
- Coordinator of CAD files within a PDM Product Data Management Vault, to maintain parametric files for mechanical and electrical designs; and their revisions.
- Facilitator of the ECR/ ECN coordination process, by assisting project engineers/managers along with our operations group. Initializing and seeking effective dispositions for such product enhancements.
- To act as a key contributor related to Isolite’s ERP system for the creation of BOMs and their maintenance.
- Shall assist in researching and qualifying electromechanical components and materials.
- Can contribute and participate in structured Design Review presentations.
- To provide engineering services to products, as part of a sustaining Engineering role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, related to fabrication and assembly.
- Identify and coordinate suppliers to provide high-quality, cost-effective components and services.
- Acquire knowledge related to Underwriters Laboratory standards, safety codes and industry standards. Consult UL and or other agencies to resolve pertinent challenges.
Required Talents & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of design and development skills of electromechanical products; using 2D and 3DCAD.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Proficient in data base management.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- The ability to handle and coordinate multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Team oriented, collaboration focusing on results.
- Participation in the lighting industry
- Experience with the use of FEA tools and software
- SolidWorks 3D preferred with AutoCad 2D experienced considered a plus.
- Able to bend, squat, twist, climb stairs and lift frequently
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear with occasional bending, stooping, crouching and kneeling.
- Regularly required to use hands to fingers.
- Duties require use of computer software and equipment that involve regularly sitting for extended periods of time and repetitive hand movements.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 lbs.