The Isolite MAX-E Series is constructed of heavy duty die-cast housing and is designed to withstand abuse in areas such as correctional facilities, schools, apartment complexes and public areas that may be subject to vandalism. The MAX-E comes standard with stainless steel, tamper-proof hardware and is protected with a high abuse polycarbonate cover. Suitable for indoor, outdoor, damp or wet location applications with IP66 protection.
- Nickel-cadmium batteries providing a minimum emergency duration of 90 minutes.
- Recharge time of the battery is twenty four  hours.
- Maximum battery operating temperature is + 113°F (45°C) and the minimum is + 45°F (10°C).
- The MAX-E utilizes a high-efficiency two stage charger
- providing a fully automatic constant charging current with low voltage disconnect protection.
- All components used in the circuitry are temperature compensated.
- The charger also has brownout and short circuit protection.
- Charger status is easily determined via a dual diagnostic LED display which indicates AC/ON and High Charge.
- An external push button test switch allows maintenance personnel to quickly determine the operational status of the unit and lamp load.
- The MAX-E is constructed of extra heavy duty cast aluminum with a 1/8″ thick polycarbonate protective shield. Stainless steel, tamper resistant screws are standard.
- Field adjustable chevrons are standard.
- The MAX-E is standard in an attractive matte black or white finish.
- The polycarbonate face shield is recessed into the housing making the MAX-E one of the most rigid, yet attractive high abuse signs on the market.
- The MAX-E is supplied with two  bottom mounted MR16 style lamps.
- The lamps are enclosed in a vandal-resistant polycarbonate shield.
- The high abuse clear polycarbonate lens provides protection to the lamps.
- Tamper resistant screws are standard.
- The emergency light enclosure comes standard with a vacuum metalized reflector for an aesthetic look.
- Sanitation listed by ETL (9901281) and conforms to ANSI/NSF STD NO. 2.
- Listed by CSA for US and Canada to UL 924 standard and meets or exceeds all performance standards as required by NFPA 70 & NFPA 101.
- IP66/wet location listed. **Meets BAA requirements.