Exit Signs & Combos
The Isolite HZE Series has been designed for use in harsh and hazardous environments and is approved for use in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D: T2B area classification. In addition, it is also suitable for Class I, Zone 2, IIA, IIB & IIC: T1 & T2 area classification. The HZE Series is constructed from durable fiberglass NEMA 4X rated housing which features integrated stainless steel mounting feet, a hinged front access panel/door and is offered in a neutral gray color.
- The HZE Series is designed with a maintenance free, nickel cadmium battery providing a minimum emergency duration of 90 minutes.
- Optional 120 minute nickel-cadmium batteries are available.
- Recharge time for the battery is twenty-four  hours.
- Operating temperature 10°C up to 40°C.
- The HZE Series is configured with high output, high efficiency red or green LEDs that consume less than 2W.
- The HZE Series has a standard 120/277VAC input.
- The HZE Series housing is constructed from durable, corrosion resistant fiberglass.
- The NEMA 4X housing is fully gasketed for harsh and hazardous locations.
- The front access panel/door is hinged for troublefree installation and maintenance.
- The EXIT face is made from a high clarity, clear polycarbonate that has been painted gray on the internal side only, making the unit highly scratch resistant. Field removable chevrons are standard. Special wording / graphics are available, please specify.
- The SD (Self Diagnostics) feature automatically performs a 5 minute discharge test monthly. Every 6 months, two 90 minute discharge tests are performed 24 hours apart.
- This tests both the battery capacity and recharge capability.
- The status of the HZE Series is communicated clearly with a single, multi-color LED indicator.