Exit Signs & Combos
The Isolite HZC Series has been designed for use in harsh and hazardous environments and is approved for use in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D: T2B area classification. In addition, it is also suitable for Class I, Zone 2, IIA, IIB & IIC: T1 & T2 area classification. The HZC Series is constructed from durable fiberglass NEMA 4X rated housing which features integrated stainless steel mounting feet, a hinged front access panel/door and is offered in a neutral gray color.
- As standard, the HZC Series is supplied with two (2) top mounted, weatherproof PAR36 style emergency heads.
- Constructed of high impact thermoplastic and finished in a neutral gray finish.
- The emergency head design features a locking collar that securely holds the lens in place and facilitates quick re-lamping.
- The HZC Series is designed with maintenance free, sealed lead acid batteries providing a minimum emergency duration of 90 minutes.
- Recharge time for the battery is twenty-four  hours.
- Optional nickel cadmium batteries are available.
- Operating temperature 10°C up to 40°C.
- The HZC Series utilizes a high-efficiency two stage charger providing precise float voltage control with low voltage disconnect protection.
- All components used in the circuitry are temperature compensated.
- The charger also has brownout and short circuit protection.
- Charger status is easily determined via a dual diagnostic LED display which indicates AC/ON and High Charge.
- A magnetic test switch allows maintenance personnel to quickly determine the operational status of the unit and lamp load, (magnet included).
- The HZC Series has a standard 120/277VAC input.
- The HZC Series housing is constructed from durable, corrosion resistant fiberglass.
- The NEMA 4X rated housing is fully gasketed for harsh and hazardous locations.
- The front access panel/door is hinged for trouble-free installation and maintenance.
- The HZC Series features a stainless steel breather valve that proves efficient ventilation.
- Remote lamp loads are connected to the emergency power supply with sturdy terminal connectors.
- The SD (Self Diagnostics) feature automatically performs a 5 minute discharge test monthly.
- Every 6 months, two 90 minute discharge tests are performed 24 hours apart.
- This tests both the battery capacity and recharge capability.
- The status of the HZC Series is communicated clearly with a single, multi-color LED indicator.